Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sports and English camp is in the final full day (Friday morning here, Thursday evening in the US). Just over 24 hours from now everyone will head home. It's kind of a bummer. We have had an amazing week of camp! It's been a lot of fun building relationships with these kids. My small group has been a lot of fun and we have grown really close.

We had a breakthrough in English class on Thursday. These kids are really nervous about speaking English a lot of the time. They have grown up in a culture that really expects them to listen, but don't speak out when in class. In the US, we're taught to discuss and let that do much of the teaching. So, when I would ask questions in my group, most of the time I would hear complete silence. Yesterday, things changed. I'm not sure what lead to it, but most everyone started talking and we had a pretty good discussion. I'm praying that this is an indication that God is plowing and sowing some fertile ground in their hearts. Will you join me in praying this as well?

Sometimes I feel like I am on information overload. Learning names, culture, a wee bit of Chinese, etc has got my brain fried. But I won't give up and neither will anyone else on our team. Like I said earlier, we are on the home stretch. Will you join me in praying that God will work? We need prayer for campers to make decisions for Christ. Also, please pray that God would protect us from the evil one and his desire to destroy this incredible week of camp.

Thanks for caring and praying!

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment