Saturday, July 17, 2010

Katie's week at camp

This past week has been a great week. We met some amazing people, people that can change your life. The kids helped me stay up through out the long hot days. I was the photographer for the week, thanks to Dave for trusting me in using his camera. I was having fun playing with the different lenses and settings. Now, I know I really do want to do be a photographer. It was great seeing all the kids and another seeing them smile as they saw the picture of themselves smiling. The best pictures taking moments was when they were playing sports. Soccer was the best sport to take picture of and to teach. :) It was fun teaching them how to stop, kick, dribble, and shot the ball; seeing them grow was incredible. I wish we had more time to teach them even more. It was a little hard teaching them when they could hardly speak English, but they learned little at a time. After lunch they had English class. It was nice to see people who don't speak English learning English. I hope we helped them learn. Then was free time. Most of my free time was spent playing soccer. Then was dinner, after dinner was our main advent. We had some great speakers, including Josh. The last night was the best one of them all; we talked about the cross and the what it means to God, Jesus, the world, and to you. It was a moving speech. We had about 17 kids who gave there life to Christ but only 8 were able to be baptized. Some families here do not believe in Christ and are very strong in there owe faith and want there kids to follow. More then half of the camp were not christians, now there are about 85 people who understand and who would like to know more, 9 who understand/gave their lives to Christ, and 8 who joined us in our walk with Jesus. Sadly, today was the last day at camp. It was sad seeing everyone leave, but we made some great friends. Thanks to facebook we will be able to keep in touch with some of the kids. After camp we came back to the apartment to rest with a side of an earthquake(very small one). Then, a night out on the town. We went to a KTV(Karaoke place) with Kim's and Lance's and two of there friends and now our new friends, Ring and Micah. We had so much fun. I actually was singing by myself. haha. Tomorrow (your tonight) is going to be nice; Kim and I are going to get our hair washed after church then maybe we'll go shopping. haha. Well, I miss everyone and we can't wait to see everyones faces. Love y'all!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a rewarding experience and spread the good news, see you soon

    ReplyDelete